Friday, September 23, 2005

Why Is It...

that some people just feel the need to suck the fun out of everything? My blog, my rant. I'm forming a knitting group on campus, for friendship and charity knitting. I sent an email to everyone letting them know about the group and asking them to contact me if they want to join. Several people joined, some just wrote back to say they think it's a good idea. So I'm getting a nice warm, fuzzy feeling that this is going to be really fun. Then one woman, just one, sent an email telling me to stop spamming her. Wow. Took the wind right out of my sails. Now, I dislike spam as much as the next person, but since this is a club for members of the American River College campus, and I did make it clear in the title that the message was about knitting, I didn't see it as spam. Dave is very practical; he says just forget it and think about the nice things most people said, but for some reason her comment is the one I keep thinking about. Oh well. Pictures of actual finished knitting pieces coming as soon as Dave shows me, again, how to add them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Donyale said...

The explanation is quite simple. That weird lady obviously just is PLU (People Like Us).

3:26 PM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Recently true spammers have been causing problems on unprotected blogs. Perhaps the lady thought you *were* actually one of those spammer-bots and not a real, nice person with innocent intent?

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home