Wednesday, November 15, 2006

An abundance of riches

Now that the weather is changing, I've been able to wear my handknit socks, and I'm enjoying putting some of the things I've made to use. But I've also been wrapping a beautiful scarf around my neck, and it's one I didn't knit for myself. It was made by Amber, my International Scarf Exchange pal, and it's beautiful! I'm sure this photo doesn't do it justice, but it's lovely and soft and many shades of blue. Absolutely perfect with jeans. I'm very sorry I didn't get a photo of it posted sooner! We're having camera issues.

As many of you (who am I kidding?) know, I am a bit of a sucker for secret pal type exchanges. I was drawn to Sockret Pal because I love knitting socks, and because I like the idea of being able to send someone enough yarn to make a whole project. Well, the other day I got my first package from my Sockret Pal, and I love it! She's done some research on me, because it included two Harry Potter-related patches, one for Gryffindor and one for Slytherin (boo, hiss!!). There is also the book Knitting Goddess, 4 beautiful and unique stitch markers and some lovely hand cream that I've already used a couple of times. Here's a photo:

While I'm not the sappy sort, I like knowing that all across the world, knitters are thinking about other knitters, picking out goodies they hope will make someone else happy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donyale said...

I agree - that's how we met after all!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home