Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Long time gone

When school starts back up, I find myself with lots less time to knit, let alone blog about knitting. But I'm home sick today, so I thought I'd post an update. But first, a question. "What's in your wallet"? I just cleaned mine out, and I'm obviously a knitter. I had three dimes, a quarter, two pennies, and 2 stitch markers in my change purse!

I just got back from answering the door. I had to sign for a package. For me! The beautiful cobweb weight yarn I ordered has arrived from Ukraine. 3400 yards of black loveliness! Disgustingly low price: about $12.00 for the yarn and shipping. It will have to wait in the stash until I've finished at least a couple of the 5 shawls I'm currently working on, but at some point it will become either the Gladys Amedro Sheelagh Shawl or Heirloom Knitting's Spring Shawl. Here it is, with my new best friend.

As some of you know, I can rarely resist a swap of any kind, so I signed up for the International Scarf Exchange. I'm using the pattern Tilting Blocks from one of the Barbara Walker treasuries, and it's a fun pattern to knit. I love the yarn; it's an oh-so-slightly variegated fingering weight merino. The woman I'm making it for likes jewel tones, and this certainly fits the bill. The pattern is reversible, so I think it will make a nice scarf. Here's what it looks like after 5 pattern repeats.

Lastly, I can hardly do a knitting update without mentioning socks. Here's a pic of the most recent completed pairs. I really did finish both socks of each pair!

Back to the kleenex and my knitting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Donyale said...

will need lace evidence......

11:45 PM  
Blogger Beth C said...

Oooo -- you must REALLY be sick to miss a day of teaching! Get better soon!!! (And the sox are beautiful! What are the details of the blue ones?)

10:34 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hey, can you please put up your questions for your Sock-ret pal? Thanks!

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home