Sunday, July 16, 2006

Amazing Lace Challenge #4

The 4th challenge in the Amazing Lace is to post a photo of what my lace project could be if I had to bind off right now. Given that it's a rectangle, I suppose it could be lots of things: a really holey dish or face cloth, or a placemat. But to me, its most appropriate use would be as a flying carpet for very small travellers! Of course, as any Harry Potter fan knows, such carpets are illegal: they are "defined as a Muggle Artifact by the Registry of Proscribed Charmable Objects". But if I COULD charm my lace into being a magic carpet without risking a stretch in Azkaban, it would look like this:

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth C said...

I think Mr. Weasley would definitely approve -- well, unofficially, of course! :)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Donyale said...

Trolls are all the go over here at the Moment (thanks to McDonalds)(Mother of the year award to me - my kids nearly have a set of them)(naughty Donni)....I like your carpet.

3:54 PM  
Blogger RandomRanter said...

That's so clever! In fact, I think you should just stop right now.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Lazuli said...

That's really creative! Love the clouds!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Very cute and clever, the lace is just beautiful!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home