Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Why I love Summer Vacation

I gave my last final exam of the semester yesterday, so although I have some grading to do, I consider this to be the first official day of summer vacation. And it's turning out to be a pretty darn good day. Dave and I went out to breakfast this morning, which is one of my favorite things to do. Then I knit for a while. I'm plugging away on the border of the Shetland Tea shawl. I also did a few rows of Prissy Miss Doily and a few rounds on the generic sock. I listened to some Harry Potter on tape (Chamber of Secrets, for about the ninety-eleventh time. We have all of them and I listen to them over and over.) The Giants lost, but you can't have everything, right? And tonight I get to have dinner and sit and knit with Beth, one of my most favorite knitting buds. And while I'm feeling pretty good about working on my WIPs today, I'm hearing the siren song of this:
Sock yarn. Lovely, lovely sock yarn, just waiting to be needle-bound. I have the attention span of a gnat. But it's been a really good day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donyale said...

Thats what I like about you - your attention span is the same as mine!

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home