Sunday, November 13, 2005

Thanks for the tag, Donni!

What is your all time favourite yarn to knit with?
Right now, today, this minute? Zephyr. I am going through a lace, lace and more lace phase (interspersed with a socks, socks and more socks phase), and I just love the Zephyr yarn. I ordered some from the yarn coop but it's taking forever to get here, so I'm currently working with some laceweight merino, which I also like very much. I am an admitted yarn snob; I like the good stuff!

Your favourite needles? Depends on what I'm knitting. For general knitting, I love addi turbos. But for lace, I use Inox or other pointier needles.

The worse thing you've ever knit? I made a black felted hat, felted it with a white towel and ended up with a black hat covered in white specks of terrycloth. Not a good look. I'm knitting a new black hat now, and will felt it properly, sans towels, this time!

Your most favourite knit pattern? (maybe you don't like wearing it but it was the most fun to knit) I seem to love every pattern. Right now I'm knitting a stole using patterns from Heirloom knitting and I'm enjoying it a lot. I've only done 50 rows, but here's a picture of the pattern from the book



Most valuable knitting technique? Not sure about this one. Kitchener stitch?


Best knitting book or magazine?
I love Interweave Knits. It's by far my favorite magazine. But I can't list just one favorite book. There are so many that I love: the Barbara Walker Treasuries are, well, treasures. And you can't beat Vogue Knitting for sheer volume of info. I love the patterns in A Gathering of Lace, and I find so much inspiration in Heirloom Knitting. Fortunately, there are books for every mood and flight of fancy!

Your favourite knit-along? I'm currently in the sixsocks and mysteryshawl KALs and I like both of them. I love the comeraderie of the KALs, even if I don't finish the projects (I haven't gotten past clue 3 of the Mystery Shawl KAL) .

Favourite knitblogs? Like most people, I love the Yarn Harlot and read her every day, but I also enjoy many others. Donni, yours remains one of my faves (I don't know how to make your name into a link. Will have to work on that).

Favourite knitwear designer? I'd say Elizabeth Zimmerman, but more for her practical approach and humor than for the specific designs. I'm really too new to knitting to have a favorite, tho.

The knit item that you wear the most. (how 'bout a picture of it?) I wear my socks more than any other things I've made. Dave loves his felted clogs and felted boots and wears them a lot, which is gratifying. I sometimes wear my felted hat, but it's red, and people keep mentioning the Red Hat Society. I'm knitting a black one now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home