Sunday, October 02, 2005

Sweet justice

Beware, almost nothing about knitting here. But I have to share with the few people who visit me here, my happy story. On Friday, I was driving to work when a guy in a giant SUV passed me going at least 15 MPH over the speed limit. He gave me one of those "get out of my way, person in tiny little Civic, or I'll run you over with my manly SUV" looks (you know the one)and then proceeded down the freeway like a bat out of hell. "Gee Whiz" thought I, "he must be in a mighty big hurry to have put so many of us in danger with his reckless driving. Tsk, tsk." (or something like that). About 30 seconds later, there he was, pulled over to the side of the road, with a police officer approaching, ticket book in hand. Oh, yes, Virginia, sometimes there is a cop around when you need one! 6 more rows to go and Kiri is fini. I messed up the first 2 rows of edging but since I wasn't using a lifeline (I know, cocky, cocky fool), I'm going to have to live with it. No way am I tinking 2400 stitches to get back to the correct part. If you are truly my friends, you will pretend you don't notice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donyale said...

That same driver would be lucky that he wasn't pulled over in New South Wales this long weekend as it is double demit points and he would have scored big time.

I anxiously await Kiri.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home