Sunday, June 18, 2006

Stashbusting

I have made a vow not to buy any more yarn until Labor Day. I've allowed some exceptions (Secret Pal, undyed yarn for learning to dye, yarn bought as a souveneir while on vacation). I will fail, no doubt about it, but in the meantime I'm actually finishing some projects. Like these:
Three pair of socks. I'm really on a sock kick right now, and have already cast on another 2 pair. Here's a blurry semi-close-up of the Birch Leaf socks from A Gathering of Lace.

And here's a funky bag I made using yarn from the stash. The jury's still out on the flower. I'm not really a "felted flower on the purse" person, so I may rip it off. Instead of i-cord for the handle, I just braided the yarn and felted it. I like how it looks and braiding took a fraction of the time it would have taken to knit i-cord.

15 more repeats of the border on the Shetland Tea Shawl and I'll have another FO to brag about!

5 Comments:

Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

Hi!

I came over from the SOS and your bag and the flower came out great! I just finished my first pair of socks and only have one other skein of sock yarn in my stash thatI plan to use up during the challenge.

Happy Knitting :-)

1:13 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I love your bag! The colors are great. I'm another SoS member. Love what everyone is doing.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Ohhhh, goody! Can't wait to see the Shetland Tea Shawl!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind words for my Sampler Shawl!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are Queen of Socks!!!! They are beautiful! Way to go!!!

8:13 AM  
Blogger EvaLux said...

Hello,

I wandered over from the EZasPI yahoo group... I LOVE your bag!!! I'm not a felted flower kind of person either, but the colors in your flower are ever so pretty!!!
I also love the idea of the braided handles!

Cheers Eva

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home