Monday, May 29, 2006

Showdown at the Not-So-OK Corral

It's Day 1 of Amazing Lace, and things are not going smoothly at team Holier Than No One. I knew early this morning that Prissy Miss Doily was not happy. At first I thought she might be angry that I've been working on The Socks rather than her. I tried to explain that the Summer of Socks knit along starts on June 21st, so I have to finish my WIP socks in time to cast on new projects. Then I thought the Ott light might be in her eyes, so I made some adjustments. Still, she was not happy. "Great", I thought. "Just what this team needs, a Prima Dona." I could hear the unfinished STS sniggering in the background.

Knowing as I do that the key to a winning team is communication, I asked her what she needed to make her happy.

"Well, you could stop calling me Prissy Miss Doily, for a start."

"Fine. What shall I call you then?"

"Hank."

After that, I didn't have the heart to tell him he's being knit out of yarn called "Sissy."

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Too funny!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

LOL Let Hank know that letting his feminine side out is perfectly acceptable. ;-)

BTW, I reached your from the Amazing Lace site, so your link is working fine.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Beth C said...

Hank! I love it! What a great name for a doily. :)

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home