Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas Cheer

I've found a group of friends through knitting. They're wonderful women, every one. We meet once or twice a week to knit, talk and laugh together. We might never have met save for our love of knitting; we don't run in the same circles, so to speak. We each have different sorts of jobs, we're a range of ages, and while we all live in Sacramento, we're not neighbors. But we certainly have a lot of fun together. Last weekend, we decided to have a holiday dinner together after our usual afternoon of knitting. Here we are, fed and happy:


And here's a picture of the absolutely adorable bag Beth made for me!




How cute is this??? She made one for each of us. Mine's a dog theme, because Beth knows I love dogs. Emmy collects pears, so hers is made of material patterned with pears. And so on. Honestly, I don't think I've ever met anyone as kind as Beth in all my life. It's the perfect size to hold a ball of yarn, and the stuff coming out of it is my first effort at dyeing.

Well, back to the facecloths. 2 down, 2 to go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth C said...

(blush)
What a sweet thing to say! It's always easy to be nice to people who deserve it -- and you certainly do.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Your group sounds great - wish I could find one like that around where I live.
Jane (from whoduknit)

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home