Saturday, June 24, 2006

Debut of a Finished Object

I started the Shetland tea Shawl from A Gathering of Lace way back in January, as part of the EZasPi Yahoo group's first anniversary celebration. I work on lots of projects at once (but not at exactly the same time, of course; that would just be weird, and very confusing)so it took me a long time to finish. Most of the other folks in the groups have already done another group project. But me, I was plugging away at the edging forever.

But it's finished now, and I am pleased with it, mistakes and all. I learned a lot: Emily Ocker's circular cast-on, that I can in fact knit lace every row, that you can block the snot out of merino, and that knitting 115 repeats of a 10-row edging makes me want to poke my eyes out with my size 4 addi. Apparently, I did NOT learn to graft properly, but we'll just keep that part hidden. Here are a few pictures:

Here she is blocking...

A close-up of some of the patterns...

more detail...

and the obligatory outdoor-while-wearing-it-even-tho-it's-105-degrees-outside...
Now, back to the Feather and Fan shawl, also from A Gathering of Lace!

13 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Lovely, Cindi! I hadn't even noticed that one in GOL, but I may have to add it to my to-do list. I saw your post on the EZasPi list.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

WOW!!! Beautiful!!

That shawl is on my "must do" list and you've certainly done it justice!

10:02 PM  
Blogger EvaLux said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

Can't say anything else :)

Cheers Eva

12:48 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Talk about drop dead gorgeous! Great job!

12:56 AM  
Blogger tatt3r said...

Cindi, your shawl is lovely! Thanks for sharing with us.

3:39 AM  
Blogger Becky in Iowa :O) said...

OMG that is just gorgeous! You did a great job on it.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Breathtaking, just breathtaking!!! Great going on a job well done and learning so much in the process!!!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

What a truly lovely design complimented perfectly by that soothing color!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Beautiful!! I'm in awe. I'm using Lost Lake for the Adamas shawl pattern from KnitPicks. Very slow going so far.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Treesa said...

Just lovely! really nice work and wonderful of you to brave the heat to take a picture. t\

3:25 PM  
Blogger Beth C said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Great job, Cindi! Congratulations!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Lazuli said...

Um, WOW! That shawl looks incredible! So soft and almost cobwebby. It's so transparent when held to the light, but so solid-looking when blocking!

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This shawl is absolutely stunning! Definitely destined to become a "family heirloom". Fantastic :-)

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home